EarTest Version History--What's New in This Version
1.03, Sep 1999
- Added option "Wrong Note Reps = -1". This setting causes EarTest to repeat the same question until you finally get the correct answer.
- Fixed a few bugs
- Updated help file a bit
- Fixed problem: "chord" radio button malfunctioning
- Added "MidiPatchDelay" to the "eartest.ini" file, so you
can set a delay loop to run between sending patch and actual
midi note on/off. Some midi devices freak out with no delay
because it takes them a few milliseconds to change the patch.
Change this "MidiPatchDelay" value by editing the EarTest.ini
file. See the FAQ for more details.
1.05, Dec 1999
- Winiconhandle was an "integer"; in some cases this caused a
crash. Changed to "atom", which fixed the problem.
- Removed a bunch of dead code.
1.1, Dec 1999
- You can now answer with computer keyboard as well as with mouse
and midi keyboard.
- You can adjust the volume of the sounds played on right answer/
- Made the "option/option" screen smaller. Now EarTest is
completely compatible with 640x480 graphics mode.
- Updated the Help File extensively. Added "Research Reports"
section. Added further FAQs. Found a way to reduce help file
size dramatically (by about 85%).
- Added further "tips" that appear when items on the main
screen are clicked.
- Added context sensitive help to many main screen items (press
F1 while entering values to see the relevant section of the
- Added "hints" for some main screen items. These appear when
you move the mouse above some items.
1.11, Feb 2000
- Removed "hints" because they cause fatal errors in some
situations. Hints will be restored in a future version--without the fatal errors.
1.12, Feb 2000
- Fixed problem with note/chord radio buttons.
- Fixed problem in "Test Mode" (inadvertant signaling of
- Added "Reset Scores" button.
- Made improvements to Options menu.
- Changed text in "Test Mode" to better explain how it works.
- Uses Win32lib ver 0.45i (ver 1.11 was bound with the
wrong Win32Lib version).
[ Download EarTest |
Features of EarTest |
What EarTest Can Do For You |
Online EarTest Registration ]
NEW! Research Reports Suggesting The Perfect Pitch Can Be Improved by Training
Brent Hugh--brent @ brenthugh.com